Safe Ministry Policy
Download the Safe Ministry Information Guide for Parents and Church members by clicking here.
We are committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare and safety of all people, particularly within our own community. To ensure the safety of children and vulnerable people in our communities, Kurrajong & North Richmond Anglican Church (in conjunction with the Anglican Church of Australia) is committed to:
– Carefully recruiting and training its clergy and church workers
– Adopting and encouraging safe ministry practices by its clergy and church workers
– Responding promptly to any concern raised about the behaviour of its clergy and church workers
– Providing supervision of and pastoral accountability (within the context of the ministries, locations and activities of our church) to any person (who is a member of our church) who is known to have abused a child or another vulnerable person.
Our ongoing concern for safe ministry practices, and our zero tolerance of misconduct and abuse by clergy and church workers means that we are committed to:
– Complete compliance with child protection screening legislation – the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998
– Requiring all people in a children’s or youth ministry position undergo regular Safe Ministry Training
– Requiring all people in a children’s or youth ministry position to complete a Safe Ministry Check
– Requiring all people in a children’s or youth ministry position to have a Working With Children Check Number
– Keeping safe ministry records
– Monitoring and reporting on safe ministry systems and practice within our church
– Reporting any abuse (whether by paid clergy or unpaid church workers)
For more information about our safe ministry commitment please visit the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney’s Safe Ministry Website.
Click to download the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney’s national code for personal behaviour and the practice of pastoral ministry by clergy and church workers.