Kurrajong and North Richmond Anglican Church is looking for a Kids + Youth Minister.
The Kids and Youth Minister will provide oversight of KNAC’s kids and youth ministry areas. Current weekly programs are Crèche (average=2), K-Y5 Kids Church (average=8) and Y6-8 Teens@Church (average=4) on Sunday morning, Y9-12 SHAPE (average=5) on Sunday afternoon, Y7-12 Illuminate (average=17) on Friday evening and SRE (approximately 200 students at 5 schools) on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon. This is a leadership position that will shape the vision, teaching, recruitment, training, support, mentoring, pastoral care and mission of kids and youth ministry within the church and the local community.
The Kids and Youth Ministry Leader reports to the Senior Minister.
- Oversee the development of a vision for kids and youth ministry at KNAC that sits within the wider KNAC strategic vision.
- Oversee kids and youth ministry weekly teaching programs and other activities that cater to the spiritual, emotional, and social needs of kids and youth, growing their faith, awareness, and understanding of God.
- Oversee the pastoral care of kids and youth.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, mentoring and support of kids and youth ministry coordinators, leaders, and helpers.
- Coordinate, with volunteers, SHAPE.
- Lead, with volunteers, Creche, Kids Church, Teens@Church and Illuminate.
- Teach SRE at up to two schools.
- Work with the Ministry Team in looking for ways to engage non-church kids, youth, and families.
- Manage any necessary administrative tasks related to kids and youth ministry.
- Attend, and potentially lead, Sunday evening church.
- Be an active member of a growth group.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Work with the Safe Ministry Representative in ensuring kids and youth ministry workers meet Safe Ministry requirements.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the safety and welfare of children and young people in line with the Diocesan Child Safe program.
- Demonstrate active and visible leadership in WHS risk management, ensuring personal actions do not place self or others at risk of harm.
- Work within KNAC and Diocesan policies and procedures.
- A personal commitment to following Jesus prayerfully and biblically, and the ability to share that faith and teach the bible with enthusiasm.
- Previous experience in kids and / or youth ministry.
- Theological qualifications, either completed or studying towards completion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect and relate to kids and young people on various levels.
- Creativity and the ability to develop engaging and interactive kids and youth-focused programs.
- Team player who can collaborate with volunteers, parents, and church leadership.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed for events and activities.
Hours of Work:
Initially this role is offered as part-time, 24 hours per week worked over 3 days (Tuesday or Wednesday, Friday and Sunday) and the hours including some evenings. There is an expectation the incumbent will work Good Friday, Easter Sunday, and Christmas Day. It is anticipated that as the kids and youth ministry area grows this role will increase to fulltime and will undertake the additional responsibilities noted below.
Additional responsibilities as a fulltime Kids and Youth Ministry Leader:
- Coordinate SRE volunteers, teaching materials, administration and undertake the teaching of the SRE program at up to five schools.
- Help equip parents and carers in the discipleship of their children.
- Potentially oversee the launch a regular playgroup, primary school kids club and school holiday program.
- Potentially facilitate a growth group.
For more information please contact our Senior Minister, Peter Wood, on 0431 371 692 or [email protected].
To apply, please email a CV outlining your ministry experience and listing 2 referees (including the minister of your current church).
Applications close on 20 November.