This world can be a dark place – evil, pain, death, grief, loneliness, broken relationships. And despite the Christmas lights, for some Christmas is an especially dark time.
But Jesus brings light into darkness.
‘the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned’ (Isaiah 9:2)
‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.’ (John 8:12)
How does Jesus bring light into darkness?
- Jesus brings the truth about God into the darkness of ignorance.
- Jesus brings the love of God into the darkness of being unloved.
- Jesus brings hope into the darkness of hopelessness.
- Jesus brings meaning into the darkness of meaninglessness.
- Jesus brings purpose into the darkness of purposelessness.
How does Jesus bring light into darkness for you?
‘Jesus brings …’ is so lovely because he brings so much!